- smooth transportation with fixed deadlines
- collection from suppliers
- consolidation and sorting of shipments
- JIT delivery to plants
- handling of empties and loading equipment
Automotive procurement logistics
Experienced and reliable: the Geis Group has been a regional forwarder for the industry for over 20 years, providing just-in-time transportation of suppliers’ components to clients’ production plants.
Services include pick-ups from suppliers from a precisely specified area, normally the transfer and consolidation as well as delivery to the production plants within a specifically defined time frame.
The handling of customer-specific loading equipment, reusable packaging and specialist racks with return delivery is all part of Geis’s standard service. Flexible, efficient and on the spot.
- specialist automotive technology (MEGA)
- scanning technology for shipment tracking
- time-phased transfer and delivery
- flexible, volume-related solutions
- web-based transport request
- transport processing using direct transportation or via a consolidation point
- return delivery of reusable packaging and loading equipment
- proactive information of any changes
- material flow to production plants can be easily planned
- optimised time management using time-phased deliveries
- high level of supply reliability for production
- direct and fast communication